Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First Day of School

Yesterday was the first day of school for my babies!  

Sadie started at Victory Life Academy in Preschool.


It took us awhile to convince her that she would love the uniform....but now she gets so excited to wear it!  I am sure that will change soon.  She wasn't too sure about the whole thing and when I asked her what she was most looking forward to, she replied, "Naptime."  Yeah....that pretty much sums up her outlook on the whole day.


Brynn started Kindergarten at Early Primary.  Excited does not begin to cover how ready she was.  She could hardly contain herself all morning.  






Sadie was the first one dropped off.  I was expecting a huge breakdown, but she was so excited that they had toys and quickly found the vacuum cleaner and hammer.  After that, life was good.



The teacher came over and put a nametag on her and she smiled and said, "thanks" but then turned to me and said, "I do not want this sticker on me."


I convinced her the sticker was okay and then we left with no problems whatsoever.

Next was Brynn.

Go Early Longhorns!!



She didn't shut up from Sadie's school all the way to her class.  She rambled on and on about how excited she was and all the neat things she was going to do.  

I on the other hand...began to not do so well.  We found her desk and got everything situated and then I began to tear up.  Luckily, the teacher had a little 'gift' for all of the parents that was a little bag of kleenex, candy, and a sweet poem she had wrote.  I looked at Justin and he was starting to not do so well, so we both basically ran out hardly even saying bye.  



This picture will forever be etched in my mind.